OSCAR® Certified Register
Find Accredited Candidates Here
What is an OSCAR?
The unique OSCAR® (On Site Competency Assessment Report) is a recognised and is the preferred choice for leading UKAS Certification Bodies with proof of competency, being a requirement within the PAS2030-17 specification.
Having demonstrated and helped many Organisations to achieve certification within (some eamples) the Construction Sector, as a widely accepted as proof of client competence and skill quality assurance, this Recognition has now extended to support all curriculums & skill sets on a National & International level.
Combining the knowledge, qualifications and experience gained within many sectors across many disciplines, being assessed against approved criteria gives the scheme a distinct advantage:-
- Organisations: It ensures that relevant, affordable and accessible accreditations are available to address the skills shortage within any sector.
- Candidates: In the absence of any other formal qualifications, recognition to core skills sets. Adding value alongside qualifications gained, continued competency of execution in the field. Credibility, National recognition, kudos & highly motivational.
- Clients: Assurance that the skills deployed are relevant, current & competent.
- Suppliers: Continuity of quality supply, easy confirmation of existing & current skills provision from the National Register.
The key focus of OSCAR® is designed to provide bespoke Assessment and Accreditation in real live working environments in partnership with key stakeholders for specialist sectors to help to support, develop existing and new clients, whilst recognising the ‘needs’ of those delivering their skill sets.
What is an Approved Centre?
There are currently two Sector Providers:-
- OSCAR® for the UK Construction Industry; and
- Profile – TBSC for all non-construction curriculums UK & International – these have 3 sub-divisions:-
Sector Provider Brands take ownership of GDPR, Approvals, Maintenance of Quality Assurance Provisions (QAP) and Service Level Agreements (SLA) with Trainers & Assessors. Organisations wishing to Brand a specific sector outside of the sub-divisions listed, ask us how to become an Approved Centre, associated costs and responsibilities HERE.
How do they work?Working closely with many organisations enables the provision of specific training advice and guidance to clients, ensuring that they are best placed to fulfil actual competence requirements.
Course Development – All course material developed by an organisation must be submitted to OSCAR® Approved Centres for validation pre-assessment.
Initial Assessment – All Learners must comply with the eligibility requirements of OSCAR®
Organisations supply OSCAR® Approved Centre with evidence of the following:-
Solopreneur or Self Employed or Sub Contractors
At some point, individuals would have completed some form of relevant product or application training, supported with completion and/or attainment certificates, this evidence along with a CV and/or witness testimony from client/trainer is required.
All Learners/ Assessment candidates shall complete OSCAR® paperwork – paper based or digital.
Accreditation for Prior Learning (APL) – must be provided to ensure that the Learners experience is taken into full account when completing all documents.
Health & Safety
- All participating elements, Candidates, Organisations, Trainers & Assessors will adhere to all Health and Safety procedures whilst in the Learners place of work.
- All Company documents that make reference to Health and Safety must be in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- All participating elements must agree the following with the Learners employers, If not agreed by an OSCAR® Approved Centre
- The terms and conditions of the programme within the normal hours of the Learner.
- To ensure the employer completes all required feedback/surveys when requested.
- Ensure the assessment is conducted in a safe environment.
Course Assessment & Delivery
The delivery date will be established by the Employer and the Associate and accepted by all parties to be recognised to be correct.
Equality of Opportunity
The Associate shall not unlawfully discriminate within the meaning and scope of the provisions of the following:Equality Act 2010 which includes and supersedes the below
- The Race relation act 1976
- The Sex discrimination act 1975
- The Disability act 1995
- The Employment equality regulations 2003 (religion or belief)
- The Employment equality regulations 2003 (sexual orientation)
- The Employment equality regulations 2006 (age)
The Associate shall take all reasonable steps to ensure they observe these provisions. Learners are inducted and informed of the above during induction and ongoing throughout the process.
- On completion of the Assessment and it being successful all evidence shall be submitted to OSCAR® Approved accreditation centre for approval.
|Centre Approval Assessment – 2yr Renewal||£795.00*|
|ID Cards (optional)||£25.00|
|Replacement Certificate (electronic)||£15.00|
|Replacement Certificate (hard copy)||£25.00|
- Curriculum Assessor provision – varies by Centre £350 – £550 per day & not per Candidate being assessed. This charge is levied & retained by each Centre
- Training Course compilations – optional – for organisations who don’t have a formalised training programme – POA
- Assessment & Methods Statement write up – optional – for organisations that do not have their own assessment – POA
*Centre Approval includes:
- Service Level Agreement
- 4 centre Trainer/Assessor ID Cards.
- Certificate of Approved Centre Status – awarded after meeting OSCAR® criteria – expires and reassessed every 2 years.
- Branded & Digitised Registration Forms
- Maintenance of National Register
- Use of all Master Marketing Material for own inclusion
- Support & Guidance
All Evidence will be held at the corresponding Approved Centres
The Associates/Assessors ensure all ongoing documentation which reflects the Learners journey from initial engagement to exit is submitted to the OSCAR® Approved Centre. This evidence if appropriate to the award MUST accompany payment for Certificate.
Quality Management Systems ISO 9001
Sefton & Liverpool Chamber of Commerce
Oxford Cambridge & RSA Accredited Partner